Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dirty Little Secret

Today I aired what I thought was my dirty little secret,but as it turned out I wasn't the only one who translated Martin Luther King Jr. initials (MLK) into the word milk,so once again I am saved from thinking I am a couple tacos short of a combo plate.
In honor of the coming holiday a few quotes from MLK:
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:We hold these truths to be self-evident:that all men are created equal.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character.
And my favorite:
To save man from the morass of propaganda,in my opinion,is one of the chief aims of education. Education must enable one to sift and weigh evidence,to discern the true from the false,the real from the unreal,and the facts from fiction.
MLK "The purpose of Education"
I Have a DreamPhoto is from "I have a dream" speech at the 1963 Washington,D.C. Civil Rights March.

No comments:

Post a Comment