Sunday, October 9, 2011

And the winner is...

Thank you all for your help and suggestions for the name,oh wait that would be only 2 people to thank but thanks to them none the less,looks like I will be keeping the $100 prize for myself! Two of the names suggested I decided against since they referred to the 2nd blog and in theory she will not remain virginal forever,in fact if the weather guessers can be believed she may get a grand opening (pun intended) tomorrow as they are predicting rain and wind. The wind part is an interesting thing as according to her tag Uma is called a windjammer and is aerodynamically vented to defy wind and resist inversion,and is wind tunnel tested no less. Uma was designed in Oregon,the ultimate outdoor laboratory and has a lifetime warranty...they didn't mention if that would be the owners life or the umbrella but I have a feeling I might find out before winter is over as I doubt it will hold up to the gusts and high winds we have here. For those of you that weren't paying attention,or are too poor to pay attention the final choice was Uma,one of the main reasons is simplicity,I am big on simple.
As of today Uma's virtue is still intact in fact I almost didn't even bother to take her but a squall can come through pretty quickly this time of year and at this point without her I probably would have felt like I was forgetting something so it was just as easy to bring her along. Check in tomorrow to see if it is the day of the debut!

1 comment:

  1. When the big day arrives you WILL have your camera with you, won't you?

    ReplyDelete