Thursday, October 6, 2011

Walking Cliche

Call me slow but it has only occurred to me today that I am a walking Oregon joke. You have all heard the ones about Oregonians and web feet,there are as many as you can imagine and mostly about the rain. I am nearly into my 6th decade and just last week bought my first umbrella,the reason for the purchase as I told myself at the time was so I could continue with daily walks as the weather turned from summer to fall. It has rained 2 days since I have had the brand new,and still never used umbrella,no I haven't forgotten to take it on those days I had it swinging from my wrist the whole time but told myself it wasn't raining hard enough to use it,that is when I realized that maybe I am the one all the jokes about Oregonians are about. It gets worse...I noticed other people out today using their umbrellas and wondered why they were bothering with them! Gee,let's see,maybe they didn't want to get wet!
Part of my purpose in starting this blog is to keep track of my Oregonian behavior and see if there is any chance of it changing,it may be an interesting ride and you are welcome to come along if you could use a laugh or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment