Monday, October 24, 2011

Time is on your side?

When I think about all the songs there are about time I realize I am not the only one that obsesses about it. Time is a very slippery or elastic, if you will concept. When you are young time goes so slowly and for some reason you are always wanting it to go faster instead of savoring the very things that are special about youth. As you age time speeds up,sometimes to the point that you feel like you are going to spin right off the face of the planet...but then you reach a point to where it either goes into retrograde or wavers between going fast and going slow. Before I retired I never had enough time and knew once I was retired that would no longer be an issue,I am here to tell you I was all wet! The thing is it can't seem to settle on how to pace itself so I am left at its mercy,or sometimes lack of mercy. Some days it is like I am regressing and time is going slowly,then the next day comes around and I am so busy I barely have time to think which tends to make a person greedy with their time which is okay I guess since it is indeed your time to use as you see fit but at those times it leaves me feeling incredibly silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment