Friday, October 21, 2011

Elastic

Elastic may refer to:
I have been thinking about the word elastic for a couple of days and all the ways it could be used as and adjective,and of course a noun too. There can be elastic rules/laws,step/gait (stride),temperament,mind set,or thought process and so many I could go on for pages but I think you get the idea,the odd part is you don't hear it used that much. I considered it to be a fairly recent addition to the language,but oddly enough it dates from 1645-55 Neo latin. Synonyms would be resilient,pliant and I am sure if I took some more time there would no doubt be more to that list as well.
Ok,here is where it might get a little crazy for you...I have wondered for years why automobiles aren't made out of a material similar to a Super Ball?? You could still choose a color to your liking and no more collision repairs,once an engine wore out you would replace that instead of the entire rig. The only drawback I can figure is maybe the whiplash would be killer,but hey,why sweat the small stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment