Sunday, March 25, 2012

Competition

We got to talking about competition the other morning while we were working out and everyone else seemed to think that you were either competitive with others or with yourself,I didn't argue the point because I am both...to the extreme. I don't really intend to be, it just kind of takes on a life of it's own. I am going to go with the thought that it is a basic survival instinct that allowed us to compete for our food back in the day when that kind of thing was necessary. I have been playing a game called Qwiz Show on Facebook and even though they give you at least 6 games a day to play you can also click on a cube for extra games and every game that you come in first out of 10 players you get an extra free game. Today I started out with 11 games and I am thinking to myself that I will never have time to play them all,but once I start playing I can help but try my best to win. I also enjoy looking at the thumbnail pictures of the other players and with some of them trying to figure out what the picture is of. In one game there was a player named Lamar and my cat named Lamar was curled up by my feet,so I had to keep him posted on how he was doing...he came in 3rd while I finished 10th,seems I didn't know the wager question and bet it all only to lose,oh well at least I burned off a game that way. I think I still have 8? remaining games to play today,according to them I have won over 2 million dollars and my IQ is 194,which I think is just slightly smarter than my shoe. I don't think they can judge with any accuracy a persons IQ from a trivia game but it is part of the charm of the whole thing. I doubt once my regular trivia game starts back up that I will have time to play this one at all but I like to think that the mental activity keeps the old brain from atrophying.

No comments:

Post a Comment