Friday, March 23, 2012

Menu Substitutions

For those of you who are regular readers you will recall a week or so ago I wrote a blog about phone menus and how annoying and unhelpful they were. It gets worse,since I never did succeed in talking to a real person I ended up making the payment they wanted without being able to find out why it wasn't on auto-pay anymore and why I had a late fee because of it. The "menu" did not charge me for the late fee portion so I didn't think to much more about it,I thought maybe it hadn't actually been late yet. Yesterday in the mail I got a notice that the late fee had not been paid,but at least it had a number to talk to a representative,but having received it late in the day and seeing that the hours of their phone service were east coast time I waited until this morning to call. I started trying the number shortly after 9 which according to the letter was well within their Friday phone hours but I kept getting a recording telling me that their phone center was closed and to please call back during their hours,needless to say I was frustrated by this but kept trying. Eventually I was answered by a different recording telling me all representatives were busy and to please hold,which I did,by this time it was around 11. When a person finally came on the phone she had all the personality of a recording and must have been specially schooled in how to avoid answering questions. After several attempts at coming at the problem from different angles I finally gave her the credit card number to pay,then asked to talk to someone else hoping to get to the bottom of why this whole thing was off track in the first place. The second person was equally unhelpful and I finally just told her to forget it and hung up before I flew into a rage and started cursing...so the moral of the story here is...be careful what you wish for! For those of you that don't know the original story I had wished to talk to a real person,show me to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment