Thursday, March 1, 2012

West Coast Weather Update

This morning there was snow and ice on the ground when I got up,so I was wondering if this year would be credited for or against Punxsutawney Phil's accuracy record. Since February 2nd we have had mild weather which as of today would be four weeks,leaving two weeks to reach the end of the six seek prediction. Then I thought does Phil really predict west coast weather from the east coast? At this point I found Groundfrog,the well known? frogprognosticator of Snohomish,WA. the frog predicted on February 2nd good weather for the remainder of the winter in the north west,which is consistent with the forecast from the National Weather Service's Climate Prediction Center for this area.
After further checking I found another site for the city of Snohomish that had a slightly different story to tell. Instead of the frog's name being Groundfrog,that is the name given to the February 2nd celebration and the frog's name is Snohomish Slew. I can only hope to remember to check this out more thoroughly next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment