Sunday, March 4, 2012

Marching

Some weather sayings are based on observations and are fairly accurate,others are merely rhymes or beliefs of yesteryear. Those beliefs often included ideas that there should be a balance in weather and life. So if a month came in like a lion,it should go out like a lamb.lion-running
Where I am located March came in like a lion this year. I was curious where that saying came from so I will share what I found.
Some claim the saying applies to the relative positions of the constellations Leo,the lion at the beginning of the month and Aries,the ram at the end of the month. This one is my personal favorite.
John Fletcher an English playwright wrote in 1624 "I would chuse March,for I would come in like a Lion,but you'd go out like a lamb when you went to hanging."
Mother and Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment