Friday, March 9, 2012

Menus

Now that I have you thinking about your favorite eatery and the many treats for your palate that can be found there I will break the news that isn't the kind of menus I am going to talk about. One of the "distractions" that drove me to distraction yesterday was a particularly obnoxious phone menu. I know none of them are exactly a cake walk,and though many claim that your call is important to them I find that statement lacking in sincerity. First of all seldom times do they have what you are calling about included in the selections that you must wade through,and the ones that want some information from you to "speed" your call along,if and when it is answered by a real person, never seem to pass that information along so it has to be repeated anyway. I have had a limited amount of luck in the past with the old hit the 0 key and get connected with a live person,but that option seems to be getting phased out now as well. Yesterday it took me three tries to get through to the end of the purpose for the call and it was not completed to my satisfaction as I never did get to talk to a person,in fact when I tried my hit 0 trick it simply said,"invalid key,goodbye" and disconnected my call. When I was thinking about this subject earlier in the day I thought it would be interesting to include who had invented the automated phone system and when,but I could not find a trace of information on that,of course if that person was named they would be in jeopardy with anyone that had ever used a phone menu so in that regard it makes perfect sense.
pad1.gif
phonecom.gif

1 comment: