Monday, March 5, 2012

Laugh Tracks

Stumbled across an article on the science of laughing in my Mental Floss magazine, so I thought I would look into it and see what I came up with.
Laughter lowers the levels of cortisol in the body,cortisol suppresses the immune system. Lowering these levels enhances the work of the immune system and may prevent disease. You can stimulate your heart and lungs and improves breathing capacity by laughing. In terms of exercise, laughing a hundred times a day is equal to ten minutes of rowing. (Why is it again that I exercise??) Fifteen minutes of laughter equals the benefits of two hours sleep. Laughing for fifteen seconds adds two days to your life span. (I don't know how they could prove that one.) Laughter releases endorphins into the body with the same effect as strenuous exercise.
With all that fresh in your mind I will leave you with this thought. Never take life seriously,nobody gets out alive anyway. Keep on laughing...your life may depend on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment