Saturday, March 24, 2012

Light My Fire

Kindle Fire that is, I got one on Pi day (3/14) as I was out on an errand and when I had finished with it I thought I would check to see if a local store stocked Kindles. I had intended to get one before my vacation so as not to have to fill half the suitcase with books. I hadn't really used it much other than to set it up until yesterday when I ran out of books. I mean to tell you that thing is slick! It is user friendly and one feature I just love is if you come to a word that you don't know all you have to do is put your finger on it and the definition comes up in a little box,no more having dictionaries strategically stationed around my reading areas! I haven't even used all the things it offers yet. One thing I haven't liked is the end of books just don't feel the same,of course that could have been the particular books that I have read on it. It also gives a whole new meaning to "get off of my cloud" (that is where you can store what you have on your kindle but still have access to it is called a cloud). I am now going to attempt to download some books from the library,the gal I talked to when I took the books back there wasn't really familiar with Kindles and had only had the crash course that they gave her on how to instruct people to use it,with any luck it will go smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. So.....how do you like it? I love mine! I even found a work around and loaded the Nook reader app. on it so I can buy from Barnes & Noble and share books with my son who has a Nook. If you need help navigating Library2Go, Just Ask. I guide patrons through that program every day.

    ReplyDelete