Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tangled Webs

I am currently reading a book in which the protagonist is a woman philosopher,and if I have thought myself guilty of sometimes over thinking things,she has taken it to a whole new level. It seems to me that she thinks in circles and that something that starts out as the right thing turns into the wrong thing. At this point I would like to pose a question for everyone to ponder...is philosopher synonymous with insane? She never seems to get much, if any of her work done because every single thought has to involve a long drawn out process of both how she thinks of whatever it is,and how anyone else might think of it,which at first seemed like thoughtfulness and kindness,but after the first couple of hundred pages of this applied to every movement and sight it has become annoying and I find myself wanting to screech at her to get with the program. Now most of you are probably thinking why doesn't she just quit reading the book if it is getting her so worked up? That is one of my odd little quirks,of all the hundreds of thousands of books I have read I think I only gave up on about two,at least I can only think of two and I am sure that is fairly accurate guess. Oh God! Now I am starting to sound like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment