Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

I am not good at waiting,never have been. I am just one of those people that always feel the need to hurry. In some situations I can soothe the anxiety by reading,but not all situations. I find when I am in a place with other people I am too distracted by bits of conversations and motions to be able to concentrate on the written word. I decided since I will be waiting a while today it would be fun to find out how much of our lives are spent waiting.
The average American spends and hour a day waiting in line which totals 2 to 3 years in a lifetime. 2 weeks of your life are spent waiting for traffic lights,on average a person spends 45 minutes to 1 hour waiting everyday. I have never resented that a third of a persons life is spent sleeping,as that is essential,but the time spent waiting in offices is more a matter of greed from over scheduling and expecting people to wait...and then  to pay for that privilege! Any thoughts on what could be done to help curb the wait time?
Timebomb Wristwatch picturesSkinhead Clock pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment