Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle is a 1974 folk rock song written by Harry and Sandra Chapin,and also recorded by Cat Stevens.
Cats are strange animals,I can't decide if they are creatures of habit or quite the opposite. My two cats usually sleep or maybe that is cat nap? on the back of the sofa or love seat,though sometimes they find a spot on the carpet where the sun happens to be shinning so they can work on their tans. They also have a cat bed which is located in the utility room on top of the Rubbermaid container that holds their cat food,and that container is on top of the washing machine as cats like to be perched as high as possible. Until the last week they hadn't used the cat bed in well over a year and I was considering getting rid of it,then all the sudden Lamar decides it is his new favorite place to sleep and once he decided that Blondie had to take up residence as well. Both of them crammed into the one cat bed did not look in the least bit comfortable,but who am I to say what they find comfortable? Now comes the part that I find a little bit wacky...the other morning they had knocked the bed off and into the water bowl. I squeezed the water and shook it out as best I could,then turned it upside down on top of where it usually sits to dry thinking that they would have to find somewhere else to nap until it dried...not the case! After they had their breakfast they climbed back up onto the bottom of the bed that was wet and went to sleep,stop me if I am wrong here but how could sleeping in a wet bed that is upside down be the most comfortable spot they could find? At least they give me more things to think about,though I am not sure if that is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment