Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Will Never Be the Same

The song for today's title is from 1967 by Spanky and Our Gang.
It occurred to me today that it wasn't me changing that made me avoid crowds,I had been blaming getting older and crabbier but after some consideration I don't think that is exactly right. It is the people that have changed,they are totally unaware of their surroundings and self centered,though I suspect the two go hand in hand. People today don't go some where with their friends to enjoy the company or even to do a particular thing,they go to practice? their texting skills,or maybe they are walking/driving around playing games? I have noticed they pay little or no attention to their companions,of course the companions are busy working their own cell phones. I could live with all of that if it didn't affect me,but it does. These same people seem to want to walk at least four abreast and always at a pace that allows them to be texting,of course since they rarely look up from the phone it is probably better that they move slowly or they would be tripping and falling thus dropping the coveted cell phones. Has communicating one on one become a lost art? The only good thing I got out of today's epiphany is I no longer feel like I am becoming agoraphobic or anti-social.

No comments:

Post a Comment