Thursday, July 12, 2012

Young Lust

I debated between London Calling by The Clash and Young Lust from Pink Floyd The Wall album recorded in 1979. Since I prefer Pink Floyd it became today's title.
Yesterday afternoon I ended up coming unglued on a telephone solicitor. It was about the tenth time this same outfit had called my number in the last week and when I finally decided I had had enough it was the second time in 10 minutes. I picked up the phone and asked "why do you keep calling this number?" The rather indignant reply was," I haven't been calling this number." I said,"you most certainly have and went on to tell him how often and that this was the second time in the last 10 minutes." He said," I didn't mean to be intrusive",at which point I burst out laughing. Anyone that takes a job as a telephone solicitor does NOT mind being intrusive in the least bit. He hung up on me and that was the last call I have received from those people. As the day wore on I started feeling bad for the poor hapless guy,maybe he was just really down on his luck and that was the only job he could find,but I got over that feeling in short order!

No comments:

Post a Comment