Monday, July 2, 2012

Help!

Three days in a row does not mean a trend with song titles has been set,it could still be a coincidence!


What I want help with is identifying a tree that grows downtown,and no one has been able to tell me what it is. I have spent hours online scouring web sites trying to find it,but none of the ones are exactly right,either the flower is too big or the wrong color. The closest I came to what I think it might be is a Peking Lilac. The tree in question has small white 5 point star flowers about 1 inch across,and they are extremly fragrant! Take the smell of a lilac and multiply it by at least 5. You can smell it 1/2 a block away.The bark of the tree is smooth. If anyone knows please help me solve this mystery,I have been on this for 3 years and am no closer to having an answer now than I was at the start. Thank you for any help you can supply.

1 comment:

  1. Can you get a close up of the flowers and the leaves? About how tall is the tree?

    ReplyDelete