Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer in the City

Summer in the City was recorded by the Lovin Spoonful and released July 4,1966. Mark Sebastian wrote the lyrics as a poem,his brother John changed the slower verses and Steve Boone added the instrumental. When I write some of the dates various songs were released it doesn't seem possible that it could have been that long ago.
Summer in this city is usually  nothing like the song refers to. Here the temperature seldom goes above 80 and there is a breeze most of the time. Today it has been raining off and on which is nice as it keeps things green longer and lessens the fire danger,not to mention the greens being pleasing to the eye. I have become so acclimated to the weather here I don't know how I would fare in a city that really got hot in the summer,and especially cities that lose power in the heat of summer from all the air conditioners working overtime. I don't mind hot places as long as there is a pool or ocean to climb into when I start feeling over heated. I am content to be in a place with a mild climate and there is no place quite like the coast when the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment