Sunday, July 1, 2012

Maybe I'm Amazed

Another hijacked song title...not sure if this is the start of a trend or not.
I read a lot in case you just tuned in,and when I come across things that are new to me I like to look them up,not to prove an author wrong as I mostly read fiction so what would the point of that be? I do it because things tend to lodge in my brain and I like to try to establish if they are fact of fiction before they take residence.
The book I am currently reading gave mention to a Mexican culture called the Mazatec and their ceremonial use of a plant called salvia divinorum,also called Diviner' sage. I had never heard of either and they both exist. Apparently the salvia which in the book was also called Sally-D,is a popular hallucinogen with teens and they film themselves while they are high and put the results on You Tube. That seems weird to me,but I guess kids are different now than back in the days when God was a pup (when I was young). It is also legal most everywhere,the length of time for the high and how long it takes before it acts depends on the method of delivery. Kind of makes me feel out of touch with the younger generations when I have no clue what is going on with them,but then again maybe it is better that way?
A short green plant with many elliptical shaped leaves of arcuate venation

No comments:

Post a Comment