Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jailhouse Rock

Okay,I guess 4 days in a row is more than likely a trend for song titles as blog titles. That said I will get on with the program. Last night I woke up with the word Jaillure on my mind and laid awake puzzling over it for some time. My first thought of possible definitions was: Jaillure-( origin from late night Mary speak) Three hots and a cot,also known as a decent place to get meals and a dry place to sleep if you are down and out (jail). Next up:Jaillure-(origin unknown) another way to refer to Jailbait,which for you cougars out there means the young ones that are not of legal age,same goes for the men that go in for the younger set. My third thought was perhaps even more obscure,or maybe less...it really could go either way depending on individual judgement. Jaillure-(possible origin)old salts slang terms,or aquarium keepers dictionary-what one would use in order to catch a convict fish.
The song Jailhouse Rock is a song written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller that first became a hit for Elvis Presley. The song was released as a single 9/24/1957.
For those of you wondering about the tree from yesterday's blog I still don't have an answer,but I dropped off a clipping from it at the OSU extension office,but the Master Gardeners won't be in until either Thursday or Monday. I will keep you informed on what I find out.
Convict Cichlid - Aaron NormanConvict Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment