Tuesday, July 10, 2012

You're So Vain

Carly Simon recorded this song in December of 1972,she would never admit who the song was about saying that it would ruin the mystery. It was speculated that it could be Mick Jagger,Cat Stevens,Kris Kristofferson,or Warren Beatty,but when the song was re-released she left a clue to the identity in the new song and as it turns out it was none of the above. It was her gay producer David Geffen.
When I left for my walk today a luxury car nearly hit me as they were pulling out of their driveway,then glared at me as I drove by and road my bumper until I got to where I park downtown (I live on a steep hill and my knees can't handle walking on hills). The car pulled over by a row of mailboxes and sat there,I was waiting for it to pull away as I didn't want to chance opening my door and having it taken off by a not very cautious or good driver. After waiting for several minutes I decided it was for some reason parking in front of the mailboxes (another rude move) and got out to go for my walk. I looked back at the car and it had the doors open on both sides and I thought this person has a serious death wish going on,or maybe he wants to test how good the insurance is?
My point in this little story is I have noticed that a rather large percentage of people that drive luxury cars drive with that same sense of entitlement,and I can't help but think that they have more money than sense. It is one of the things that have prevented me over the years from purchasing a cow catcher for the front of my rig because in cases like the one above I would be sorely tempted to use it! Assume ramming speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment