Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The American Dream

I have been wondering since I posted "Balancing Act" whatever happened to the American Dream? I don't know if we were brainwashed to want to be successful and own our homes,though that is never 100% true in any thing,not everyone will want the same thing yet I think it is safe to say that for the most part our generation gave it their best effort. In more recent times the young couples either make purchases well beyond their buying power or they don't even make an attempt at having anything. This in turn makes me think about the economy and how it got into such a sad state. When I was first in the market to buy a home they really made sure you were going to be able to pay for it and now they just seem to give anyone a shot at a mortgage whether they are already in debt up to their ears or not,and never even mind the government bailing out businesses,when did that become their duty? I just feel like people are encouraged at some point to over extend themselves and  they don't seem to even know they are doing it...How did it all happen? Have I been asleep for several years and missed many many memos that would have told me this would be happening? 

1 comment:

  1. We live in a plastic society even the World Bank has bought into it.

    ReplyDelete