Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stan the Dog

We had a trivia question this morning at Curves that had us all laughing our heads off. It was about Stan the dog,and what was the first thing he didn't see after he got his contact lenses...the answer was the car that hit him. That might seem like kind of sick humor and probably is, but the part we found so funny was not that the poor dog got run over,but that he was wearing contact lenses. I had never heard of contact lenses for pets until this morning,but when I went to check it out online,sure enough they make them,and not only for dogs but for cats and horses as well. The thing we all found so funny was imagining the dog putting the contacts in and taking them out,and how would he squeeze the little bottles of wetting solution and the rest of the accouterments that go with the whole contact lenses  routine,and now I find myself thinking the same about cats and horses.How would they be tested to see what kind of correction their eyes needed? I can see the dogs eye chart...Okay,tell me how many cats you see. I realize that these things are more than likely supposed to be performed by the owners,but even at that I have a hard time picturing it happening.What happens if they get a piece of dirt or sand in their eye,do they point at it and hope you aren't too busy to fix it? Here is a scene for you to imagine...you just get out of bed in the morning and want to get your morning coffee going,but the dog really needs to go outside so you put your need for caffeine aside and put the dogs contacts in. I could go on an on amusing myself with all the different scenarios this topic brought to mind,but I won't at the risk of boring you. Hope you got a chuckle out of it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment