Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Not a Rocket Surgeon but...

I went to two separate places this week on the same day,40 degrees outside and both places had their doors wide open. Stop me if I am wrong here,but isn't everyone supposed to be conserving energy and resources? Or is that just us private parties that are suppose to cut down our usage...so businesses can heat the outside?? Furthermore,why would you want to have your doors open when it is 40 degrees? Someone suggested they might have wanted fresh air,okay fine you want fresh air GO OUTSIDE!
The second thing I am stewing about today is I put in a call to the city planning office yesterday because there have been people working at the dead end of my street,cutting down trees,clearing brush and digging. You might think this should be no concern of mine and it wouldn't be if this weren't a slide area and it isn't a good time of year with the ground freezing and thawing to be digging in it,and you don't want to get rid of any trees growing on hills like this in a slide area as their roots play an important part in holding the hillside in place. In 2007 three blocks below where this activity is currently taking place there was a landslide that caused enough damage to warrant federal funding to patch it up and now they think they can tempt Mother Nature and gravity again? Did I mention they still haven't returned my call? You can't talk to real people when you call you have to leave a message...maybe instead of paying my taxes next year I will call and leave them another message stating that I won't be paying my taxes again until they return my call,nah those kind of things never work out well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment