Friday, December 30, 2011

Kangol Hats

I came across a reference to Kangol hats and though I thought I knew what they were I had to check,and I was wrong,the bad news is I have no idea what the kind of hat I thought they were is called,but not to worry I will come across it eventually.
Kangol is a British clothing company famous for head wear. The name Kangol comes from the K at the end of silk,the ang from angora,and the ol from wool. They were the beret suppliers during WWII.
During and after the war Kangol berets were the height of fashion. In the 1960's designers Mary Quant and Pierre Cardin worked with the company whose product graced the heads of many famous people including the Beatles,Arnold Palmer and later Princess Diana.
Since I am on the subject of hats I might as well throw this out there as well. Did you know that Panama hats originated in Ecuador?

No comments:

Post a Comment