Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More on Rocket Surgery

I finally got around to following up on the two places with the open doors in cold weather. Before I go on with the story I don't think I mentioned in the first blog  that both places have Arctic entries so at some point in time someone cared about not wasting heat resources. The first place is a bank branch of a national chain that I happen to have my accounts at,so that doubled my concern as I could see where it could cut directly into my profit rates. I called on the phone and asked why they had their doors open in the winter,I knew from the answer that I was not going to be satisfied by the call. She said it gets too hot behind the teller line,I queried "do you have the heat on when the doors are open?" And she said yes without a thought,so rather than go any further wasting my breath with someone that was obviously clueless (though scary to think of people such as her handling my money) I said,okay and hung up. What good would it have possibly done to explain to her that having the doors open and the heat on would not make it cooler,and the only thing really to be accomplished was wasting fuel. I then called the toll free number and filed a complaint. Today the doors were closed!! The second place with the bizarre open door policy was the public library which I walked by today to check and the doors were closed,so I have done my part to stop global warming. No need to thank me,all part of the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment