Tuesday, December 6, 2011

U.S. Territories

Talk about your ignorant Americans,I found myself being an apt description of just that today. I knew Puerto Rico was a U.S. territory and where it was located but like many U.S. Americans I assumed Guam was also located somewhere in the Caribbean,beep I lose! In actuality it is in the South Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and the Philippines an somewhat north of Australia.It is a small version of modern America with duty-free shops,boutiques and of course fast food. In case I am not the only one that didn't know all the U.S. Territories here is a list:Midway Island,American Samoa,Virgin Islands and Northern Mariana Islands.
You will note that at least I am not so ignorant as to say just plain Americans as opposed to U.S. Americans, as South Americans and Canadians are also Americans as are Central Americans.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to see that in your senior years you have become politically correct.

    ReplyDelete