Sunday, December 18, 2011

Melancholy

I woke up this morning thinking about the Cher song Gypsies,Tramps and Thieves which is nothing to be to reflective or sad about but most every time I think of that song I have always thought of my friend that died recently. She would make me cry laughing when she told me how her 3 daughters sang the song. I think the oldest was maybe just barely a teenager by then,though I couldn't say for sure as I am bad about placing dates. Their version of the song was Thieves,Thieves,Chimpanzees and if that isn't enough to make you laugh the line that said,"But every night all the men would come around,and lay their money down." They would sing,"But every night all the men would come around and lay the monkey down". All right,now I made myself laugh so with any luck I will pull out of this funk now.

1 comment:

  1. Mourning is a journey - and laughter is a major part of it. Laying the monkey down should be a new catch phrase. Very good rhythm and
    I just like how it sounds!
    Carry on...

    ReplyDelete