Monday, August 11, 2014

Fun and Frivolity

You regular readers may have noticed that today is Presidential Joke Day. The holiday began in 1984 when Ronald Reagan made a joke during a sound check that was actually already live. He said,"My fellow Americans,I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will  outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes". Some other funnies credited to Reagan include: I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." "I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency...even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting." From Jimmy Carter: "My esteem in this country has gone up substantially. It is very nice now when people wave at me,they use all their fingers." Abraham Lincoln said: "If I were two faced,would I be wearing this one?" I will conclude today's post with one from Bill Clinton which is terribly funny all things considered: "Being President is like running a cemetery: you've go a lot of people under you and nobody's listening."



No comments:

Post a Comment